Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Time

   
   Time...time is a beautiful, but cruel mistress. I would know I was the one that stopped time.


    Many dark cold years ago there was a winter that seeped across the world. With out sun a world without warmth. Humanity was in the middel of watching its own down fall. Car horns beeping the sound of screaming now a daily acurance.  Thou the walls of compassion and joy had crumbled down. The world was only worried about time. I however was angered with time for she took everything from me. My wife, my son, and my world. I was over come with thought and emotion I would find her and she would regret what she had done. I knew I would have to go to the biggest clock I could think of. I took the first flight to London.

  The same thing here. Mass chaos! Men, Wemon, children all running horns honking. I thought I would need a descise to get into Big Ben but, they let me right in.  I found her in the gears. I was captivated. I spent what felt as long as a life time staring at her flaming locks of auburn hair. Her creamy smooth skin made me therst for sanity. Her eyes oh her eyes bluer then the sky yet, there was a mystery in them that not even Sherlock homes could solve. Her lips longed for embrace like a rose to water. the only thing that pulled me away was the faint ticking nawwing at my ear. Her clothing was that of an areopostle hoodie and faded jeans. I leaped at her hopelessly thinking nothing of it. Meaning to grab her my hand slipped. I hit my head on a gear. When I awoke she was limp and I held in my hand a small pocket watch. I opened it but saw everything. The sky, the people... My people. Then everything stopped. The horns were no longer honking the hearts were no longer beating the sky no longer becoming dark. Just scilance from all around. Not even the wind dared to whistle nor howl.

   I now sit in my leather chair, thinking of that faithful day. No one knows no one remembers, because the world was in that watch and now I can't start it up again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way your writing flows. This was a great piece of poetry.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great story that was very captivating. Great imagination!

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...