Thursday, February 2, 2017

Just Me, The Ball, And The Basket

Just me, the ball, and the basket!
Tweet, tweet!
Oh gosh I was fouled at the end of the game, 
Trying to do a layup, 
And I missed,
You know what that means...
I have to shoot two free throws,
While everyone stares,
The court is completely cleared,
And you feel like all the pressure is on you,
Then you dribble...
You shoot!
Swish!

Now of course I really didn't make the swish...I just really like the way it all fell together. When I got fouled in the last...I'd say about the last three seconds of the game, I was going up for a layup. When she fouled me, everyone had to clear the court. It was just me, the ball, and the basket. Seriously we were ahead so many points, I don't even think it really mattered if I made them or not, even though it still would have felt good to make both of them. Everyone was staring at me and it kinda freaked me out... I did my normal dribble routine, posisitioned myself and shot. Sadly both times I missed. Thankfully we still won the game!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really funny good job

Anonymous said...

I enjoy how descriptive this is. Basketball is a really cool sport. I love watching basketball on TV with my dad and this reminded me of that. Do you play basketball?

Anonymous said...

This story reminds me of the B team. We were down 2 points and my friend got fouled and made 1 of 2 so we lost by one point. It was a very sad moment for the whole team. ONLY ONE POINT! Especially for me, our coach put me to guard their best player, he made like all their points. So I felt like the whole game was on me., but great story and very descriptive.

Anonymous said...

I really like how descriptive this is. Good job making it funny but also kinda serious at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Great job. I really like how descriptive you are in this.

Anonymous said...

That is how I fill on free-throws. The first couple of games I tryed to be careful so that way I wouldn't get fouled and be able to shoot, because i was so scared that I would miss. The first time I got fouled I can remember me freeking out on the inside. But hey! I made them both. YAY first timer luck, right?! Great job on the story doe!๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Anonymous said...

I love how descriptive you are in this story. I love getting fouled to get 2 (or 1) free points. But it's so scary also because everyone is silent and watching you. Plus on A team you are highly expected to get those free throws in the basket...

Anonymous said...

This writing really draws the reader in and makes them anticipate what will happen next.

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...