Thursday, February 16, 2017

My Job Here Is Done


This is a text conversation in the wee hours of the morning between my 17-year-old son and me.

A Thousand Splendid Suns is a book that he was assigned to read for his AP Lit. class.

This screen shot is my proud mom moment, the moment I can truly say, "My job here is done."  I know it isn't, of course, and I've still got to get him out of the house, through college, and hopefully into a nice grown-up world of his own.   But what I mean by "My job here is done" is that he has the something I always hoped he would have:  a love of literature that can drive you to tears (not to mention drive you to stay up until 4:13 AM!)  It's one of the greatest joys in life.

If you have experienced it, I would love to hear your stories in the comments.  Do you remember reading a book or having a book read to you that elicited tears?  What books?  What age were you?

PS>  And yes, it does bug me that Grant didn't put a question mark after "tomorrow".    :)
          I'm slowly adjusting to no end punctuation marks in texting.  Slowly.  Very Slowly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the truth in your price and how it's about life. The subject is simple but the story is emotional.

Anonymous said...

That's great

Anonymous said...

You are rightfully proud my friend.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! The Fault in Our Stars kept me up all night. (And yes, I cried....a lot)

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your son this only happened about two days ago while reading the book thief. Why Rudy, why?!

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...