Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Backyard


I was born in the height of 2004. My favorite holiday was my birthday. I was a selfish little girl. I first lived in Peyton Colorado. Peyton was great! We had horses, dogs, a donkey, fish and 4 acres of land. My favorite spot at that house was the swing set. I would swing higher than the birds could fly. I turned the age of three when we moved to Fountain Colorado. My young Fountain house was huge with a backyard as big as a football field. It had a basement as large as 30 elephants combined. My favorite place at that house was beyond the fence in the backyard where a creek ran into the thicket of the woods. At the age of ten, I moved to Manitou oh boy, oh boy was Manitou great! I had been going to Manitou School since I learned the alphabet. My house in Manitou was peaceful with a bay window as a happy as a duck getting bread. My house was huge, but the backyard was smaller than 20 hippos combined. Manitou has been my favorite place to live out of them all!I love Manitou!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so good for a autobiography.

Anonymous said...

I love your phrase "I swung higher than the birds could fly." Maybe it wasn't worded like that but it was really cool. I also liked the word thicket. You use cool words.

Anonymous said...

I really like how you repeated things! It seemed as if you didn't really enjoy the "cool" things of the house you lived in, and instead found your own amazing things.

Teresa Larsen said...

I love the selfish little girl part, ha ha! That's my girl. I like the size comparisons. Children always view things from a different perspective. The 4 acres were really 38 acres but the backyard was as big as a football field but less than an acre. If this is how she remembered these places from her childhood, I think she nailed. it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys very much I love writing and will try to continue using great phrases and words in my stories!

Anonymous said...

The description you put in for the story was amazing, 20 hippos😀 Nice job

Anonymous said...

I am the same way. I moved from my home town, six hours away from here. Manitou is overall one of the best places I've ever lived, and I'm glad my mom and dad made the chose to move here.

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...