Thursday, February 2, 2017

Fragments of Life

I can still smell the dusty, moss-filled house I played in when I was young. The many frequent lectures from my parents still crisp as daylight. I still laugh when I think of the time I tried rollerblading indoors and broke a cabinet door. It saddens me when I think of my beloved grandmother's funeral and how naive I was at the time. And I'll never forget the first time I got scolded for putting tinfoil in the microwave yet, I continuously make that mistake much to my mothers dismay. I often find myself thinking about the time  I put a whole fuzzy dandelion in my mouth for three quarters and how that spare change made me feel like a millionaire. It's upsetting how different I was, so much more confident with my missing front teeth, or how little I cared about the things that have become my very existence. All I think now is this is it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks great! i like how you talked about your moves too! and im soo sorry about your grandma! good job!

Anonymous said...

it looks great! i like how you talked about your moves too! and im soo sorry about your grandma! good job!

Anonymous said...

it looks great! i like how you talked about your moves too! and im soo sorry about your grandma! good job!

Anonymous said...

This is great, very nice writing, keep up the good work!

EarthSky said...

I like your description of your earlier years and the perspective you have already on those times. I would love to read another passage from you in a few more years to hear how the perspective grows. Good job!

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...