Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Back-Up

Hey guys. I know I usually write ongoing stories, but I am not done with Chapter four yet. In the mean time, here is a short(ish) story.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Guns are ablaze all around me. My comrades, dropping, left, right, center. We all have the same goal. Reach the tower. End the tower. Save our world. The aliens need our natural resources. We need them too. We need them more.

I arrive at the top of a small hill. I am so close. The tower is just a short sprint away. I know I can make i—.

*Gasp* My eyes are blinded by light streaming through closed eyelids. I force them open, and notice many people, generals and commoners alike, hovering around me. Suddenly, they start jumping for joy.

"It worked!"

"We're invincible!"

"We can win this war!"

"What happened?" I interrupted, snapping them back to reality. "Where am I? How am I alive?"

"Well... you're not truly alive," the general informed me, "not really. Your body is still sitting on the battlefield, dead as could be. Just, we gave you another one. You see, we managed to steal some alien technology, and we are using it to revive our best soldiers. Think of yourself as a back up or something. You won't die as long as we still have this technology. Now, you should be thoroughly recovered by now. Get back out there.'

I am ushered out of the building and am brought to base camp. I have many questions, but they can wait. The aliens need to pay. They murdered my family.

I charge across the field, but the aliens with their energy cannons, vastly overpower our meager guns. I try as hard as I can, but I die.

*Gasp* Charge out and die again.

*Gasp* We are losing.

*Gasp*   *Gasp*   *Gasp*

*Gasp* Where am I? This isn't the pod bay. The walls are pure black. The nearby pods churn out alien bodies like printers. Wait. Pods? Bodies? Aliens? The signals must have scrambled. I look down and sure enough, I am an alien. I instantly grasp at the opportunity. I must shut them down from the inside. I run out the door.







INTRUSION OF CONSCIOUSNESS
EXTERMINATE

"Oh c—"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! nice job. I know that most people don't write long stories like this, because most people skip over and say that it is to long, but I did not, and I think you did very well.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Your post is so cool. While I was reading it, for some reason it reminded me of Call of Duty. This could end up being a really neat game or movie.

Anonymous said...

You could make this into a movie book or game so cool

Anonymous said...

You could also make it into a sweet comic

Anonymous said...

This is smart and hilarious simultaneously. And even though it's a lot shorter it's short sweet and interesting.

Anonymous said...

Cool way you put in the first person perspective of a soilder who ended up losing their humanity...

Anonymous said...

That was a good story. U was satisfied. Kinda like when you eat candy you get satisfaction. And I just got satisfaction. What whould happen if the guy found out it was a dream the whole time and he woke up and went to Disney would. Whould he go to the Star Wars ride.

Anonymous said...

Super awesome! I thought it was great and the idea is very creative! Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

I feel like after awhile you would begin not to think much of anything considering even if you were to die you would just come back and be fine.

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...