Monday, May 15, 2017

Birthday Dinner

Unfortunately the traditional "birthday dinner" comes once a year and I, the "birthday girl" have to suffer through the pain of sitting in the middle of the politics, sports, fights, fights, fights, annoying little cousins, and the old dusty book about birds that old Grandma June found in the attic when she forgot that is was my birthday, because I'm not her favorite grandchild so she erases me from her calendar that consists of puppies wearing top hats.
Meanwhile, my uncles are obsessing over who should have won the super bowl. Aunts are talking about the next musical there going to go to together, and grandpas and grandmas are fighting over why in the heck people mow lawns in September?!? All as I am shoving food down my throat so I don't start to have a mental breakdown. Then, there is the every year... "Oh Koya, don't you think it would be more appropriate if you wore a nice dress instead of ripped jeans and a band shirt?!"

Presents... the best thing I have ever gotten at this dinner would probably be leaving early. I would totally tell you what I got, but its not worth your time, plus not interesting. So that's about it, boring family, boring dinner, just another day, just another year. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang mate that sucks, though I love the detail that really shows your mental struggles.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a very nice depressing birthday you had.. to bad birthdays weren't more than once a year.

Anonymous said...

Thats a good story, and yesthat does suck.

Anonymous said...

I wish my family threw a big family dinner for my on my birthday. Sometimes they do when we have family comes out but it is never big it is like spaghetti or something boring like that.๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚

Anonymous said...

I love how you wrote this. And I'm sorry that sucks.

Anonymous said...

love the story. love the way you wrote the story. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

That whould be a bad party if that happened to me I whould ask everyone if they are high. Then I whould ask why we are not at a fun place. Like Disney world.

Anonymous said...

I like the way this flows. That sucks

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...