Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My inner being

My inner euphoria
has seemed to perish,
unbeknownst to society,

I fall.

My hands have attempted to grasp the rope of life,
yet it only burns the skin from my hands.

Leaving me helpless.
Something I often am.

I've tried not to spiral into this hellish reality,
but trying has never been good enough.

As I am drowned constantly by my
speculations of hate,
I continue to hang from this thread of thinking
the thoughts of this world, being somewhere
for me.

My attempts at perfection, will not,
could not, be the best.
That is why they are only humorous
attempts.

Society grabs us and beats us
with an iron fist.

It grabs me and keeps me captive,
dwelling, in the abyss that is my mind,
a truly terrifying thing.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was deap and touching.

Anonymous said...

Thats great! Because, your Explaining how that could happen, and to be care ful! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wowza! This is so deep and so good!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Anonymous said...

The format and story make it intriguing. Some of the lines are relatable and some leave you in thought.

Anonymous said...

love the poem. It was deep and amazing. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

All your poems and stories are so morbid and gruesome. You paint such a wonderful picture with your vocabulary, that I must add, is extremely amazing in and of itself. Continue to be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Dang. I like your use of adjectives. The line 'Trying has never been good enough' really grabbed me, and I wanted to read more. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I love how you can take a peom and put so much meaning into t!

Anonymous said...

I don't exactly know why, but I love the word "euphoria". It sounds so (another word I like) "pristine".

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...