Friday, November 18, 2016

What Happens Next: Silvius' Story Pt3

Again, I gave a question, and you readers answered. Before reading this story, please read Pt1 and Pt2 so you can understand everything.
_________________________________________________________________________________

"Fire," I responded without a sliver of a doubt, "I love fire."

"Very well," the man responded and he lead me over to the red wall. Interestingly, as we approached the wall, the other walls receded into oblivion until eventually we were standing in a single red room.   He sat me down in front of the fireplace, which had now sprung to life.

"First," he informed me, "I will have to give your magical essence the concept of fire. I will do this by teaching you a few key words. Then, we will have to train."

All that he said without speaking exactly, but more imparting the knowledge onto my brain. Suddenly, I felt more of the mysterious language washing over me. Random words sprung into my mind as the man thought-spoke to me.

"Fire is one of the basic elements. Fire can shape earth. Fire can vaporize water. Fire consumes air."

The furnace flared.

"All of the elements are equally powerful, but together they can shape creation."

The cage of the phoenix melted.

"Fire is the element of offense. Use it well."

I didn't realize I was in a trance, but I instantly snapped awake. The newly freed phoenix jumped onto my lap. A few strands of pure red energy flew from the phoenix to me.

"That means you two are now connected," the man said, "You will be able to find each other no matter where you are. Give him a name now."

"Nova," I said, "I will call him Nova."

"Good. Now, follow me to the training room."

We walked out of the room and into the major room. We exited and walked down the staircase some more. We came to another room that quite resembled the stereotypical ancient dojo.

"Here we will begin training," he said, "focus hard on summoning fire, and the words will come to you like before."

Ok, I always wanted a weapon of pure fire. Let's do that.  I envisioned holding a sword of pure flame,  and I heard the words again. This time though, they seemed clearer, and more accurate. I whispered the words, and the sword appeared.

"Woah!" the man yelled as he stepped back, "I've never seen such a brilliant display on the first try. Usually, people can barely manage more than a single spark. You have great potential."

He was suddenly cut off when a rattling went through the entire tower. We ran to the window and saw the King's men banging down the door. They burst in a moment later and started running up the stairs.

"Go," yelled the man, "I'll hold them off so you can escape."

"No, let me fight them with you."

"It's too risky, you need to escape so you can beat the king."

The men charged down the hallway as I got to the window. They started attacking the man. I wanted to help him, but he told me to run...
_________________________________________________________________________________
This time I want you readers to again decide what to do. Does Silvius fight or run? Please leave your answer in the comments, and I will get back to you soon with part 4.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fight

Anonymous said...

Fight! because action makes things interesting!

Anonymous said...

Fight

Post of the Day

The Illuminati

The Illuminati is a secret organization that's secret and has giraffes. But what if somebody where to go to Taco Bell to get tacos and...